Closing Date: 21-01-2022
Reports To: Despatch Manager
Hours of work: Normal opening hours which must be covered are as follows:
7:00am – 4:00pm Monday – Friday
In this customer focused role the successful applicant will liaise with customers, despatch, sales and operations personnel to ensure efficient despatch of goods to customers.
• Deal with customers in a helpful and courteous manner whilst maintaining high levels of professionalism at all times;
• Carry out all despatch duties in an efficient and effective manner. Ensure correct business procedures are strictly adhered to;
• Schedule deliveries to maximise efficiency of loads with particular focus on GB Customer Orders;
• Monitor allocation of loads to ensure optimum distribution amongst subcontractors;
• Coordinating GB customer deliveries with the relevant customer and Internal Sales Advisor;
• Coordinating Sample requests and ensuring they are despatched in a timely fashion;
• Keep the despatch office tidy and secure;
• Record and pass on customer sales enquiries to the appropriate department;
• Record customers complaints and pass on to relevant manager to deal with effectively;
• Be proactive in seeking service improvement opportunities;
• Interact with other members of staff and management in a pleasant and professional manner;
• Provide cover as despatch clerk at other AG sites as and when required;
• Carry out any other duties as required by management and within skills capabilities.
The above list is not exhaustive but provides a broad range of key duties and responsibilities of post.
For further information and an application form, please visit our website www.ag.uk.com/careers. If you have any queries, please email: email@example.com or telephone the HR Department (028) 89521275.
Criteria may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 4pm on Friday 21st January 2022.