e.g., Appearance, Health
Medically fit to undertake the physical requirements of the job
e.g. Qualifications, experience, training
- Time-served electrical and/or mechanical engineer
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Engineering.
- Proven experience and knowledge of fault finding and repair on automated machinery, electrical control systems, Servo drives, PLC’s, mechanical drive systems.
- Must be able to read electrical drawings
- At least 3 years industrial maintenance experience in a production environment
- Experience with Siemens PLC’s and SEW Drives and Motors.
- Proven experience and knowledge of fault finding and repair on hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Fabrication experience, e.g. Welding.
e.g. Communication skills, Negotiation skills, Influencing skills.
- Ability to record and report maintenance data precisely
- Must be able to diagnose and solve problems.
- Computer literate.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Adherence and appreciation for housekeeping standards.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Sound technical ability and knowledge of health & safety in the workplace
e.g. Attitude, Reliability, Co-operation
- Methodical in approach
- Works well on own initiative and as part of a team.
e.g. Flexibility in hours, Mobility, Time keeping
- Can travel to and from work areas as and when required
- Flexibility of working hours
- Flexibility to perform various tasks, breakdown repairs, preventative maintenance and continuous improvement project work.
- Good timekeeper
- Be able to respond to call-outs outside normal working hours
- Able to work shifts and overtime as required.