eg, Appearance, Health
- Smart business attire.
- Medically fit to undertake requirements of job in full
eg, Qualifications, experience, training
- A minimum of 3 years experience working as a Purchasing Manager, sourcing suppliers and negotiating and analysing costs and terms and conditions of supplier contracts.
- Minimum HNC/HND in Business and Finance or equivalent.
- Fully conversant with contracts law and Codes of Practice relevant to Purchasing.
- Relevant business degree
- CIPS accredited.
- Experience of drawing up tender contracts.
eg, Communication skills
Negotiation skills, Influencing skills
- Confident procurement
- Professional with proven ability to influence at all levels.
- Determination to see contracts proactively managed to a positive conclusion.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with the ability to develop internal and supplier relationships.
- Competent in MS Office.
eg, Attitude, Reliability,
- Effective relationship builder
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Highly motivated
- Able to participate in a successful, committed and highly motivated management team
Eg, Flexibility in hours, Mobility, Time keeping
- Able to travel to and from work areas as required.
- Flexible approach to work, overtime when required