HEALTH + SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Good Practice Commitments
The Health and Safety At Work etc. Act 1974 (GB), Health and Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order 1978 (NI) and the Safety, Health and Welfare Act 2005 (No. 10 of 2005) (ROI) highlight the duty of all concerned in industry and commerce to play their part, in securing the health, safety and welfare of persons at work, and protecting the community at large against risks to health or safety arising out of or in connection with the activities of persons at work.
At AG we accept our responsibility under the relevant legislation and it is our policy to do all that is reasonably practicable to ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees whilst at work and of others who may be affected by our activities.
AG is committed to meeting all health and safety legislative requirements and in many cases exceeding them. We have a policy of continuous improvement through risk assessment and preventative actions.
Good Practice Commitments
- Adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- Promotion of a culture in which managers visibly demonstrate health and safety leadership;
- Consultation with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- All statutory requirements and inspections are identified and complied with;
- Provision of suitable selection, instruction, information, and training to ensure competence of our employees and anyone working for us;
- Suitable and sufficient risk assessment and reviews, as required;
- Suitable supervision, inspection, audit, monitoring and review of work activities, procedures and policies to ensure identification of improvement needed;
- Suitable investigation and analysis of all accidents and incidents to prevent reoccurrence;
- Health surveillance for employees as required by legislation or identified by risk assessment;
- Provision of suitable welfare facilities for all employees and persons using our premises;
- Provision of suitable protective clothing and equipment and ensuring it is worn;
- All plant or work equipment provided is safe to use and is maintained to cause no risk to health or safety;
- All articles and substances are handled, stored, transported and used safely;
- All premises under our control remain free from risk to employees, or any other persons using the premises and that access and egress from the premises are safe;
- Emergency procedures are in place, and fully understood by all persons using the premises;
- Adequate information is made available to and consultation is carried out with employees and others with respect of health and safety;
- Review and revision of this policy annually.
AG is committed to the effective management of health and safety throughout all its areas of operation and to providing the necessary resources and framework to ensure that persons working for AG or who may be affected by our activities do not suffer injury or ill health.
This can only be achieved by its directors, managers and employees all working together on a programme of continuous improvement, putting in place effective systems to identify hazards and eliminating them before injury or ill health occurs.