MODERN SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING POLICY
Modern slavery is a heinous crime that affects communities and individuals across the globe. That is why the transparency in supply chains provision in the Modern Slavery Act 2015 is so vital in our fight against this evil.
We take our corporate social responsibility very seriously, and will not condone any form of slavery or human trafficking within our organisation. We endeavour to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place within our directly employed workforce, or any of our supply chain.
Acheson + Glover is comprised of one trading company which manufactures and supplies concrete construction products in the UK and Ireland.
Our supply chains include the sourcing of raw materials used in the manufacture of our products and transportation to haul our products to site.
Our policies on slavery and human trafficking
We are committed to ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. We require our supply chain members to confirm, in writing, that they each comply with the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and that slavery and human trafficking does not take place in any part of their business.
Due diligence process
As part of our processes to identify and mitigate risk:
- where possible, we build long term relationships with all of our suppliers;
- we explain our commitments to our suppliers and require them to confirm in writing their compliance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015;
- we have a Whistleblowing Policy in place to encourage the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistle-blowers;
- we have a Supplier Relationship Policy to ensure compliance with applicable legislation including the Bribery Act 2010;
- we have a comprehensive and robust recruitment and selection procedure, fully compliant with all relevant legislation;
- we complete regular audits in our premises on Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and in our business, we provide training to the relevant members of staff.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our Company’s Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement for the financial period ending 30 December 2020.
Chief Executive Officer
Acheson + Glover